pressPLAY
work wanted...thanks!
Since getting out of school, I never really realized how difficult it would be to find a job in the "real world." I should've gone into medicine like I originally wanted. I probably would be working right now. Not so much available in the job pool in terms of entry-level positions. I was lucky enough to get interviewed by two places. The first place, I'll call it "Paperie" and the second place, I'll call "The Institute." Paperie is set in a revitalized neighborhood in the city. They sell high-class stationery, cards, journals, etc. and do custom invites, cards, etc. I interviewed with the owner, who said she liked me and was going to call me back. She never did, so I kinda just shrugged it off since I wasn't sure if it was the place for me. The Institute was a quite an experience: I interviewed with them twice which culminated in a design test. Unfortunately, after 2 hours, I was only able to finish 8 pages of the booklet.

Seems that it would take about 2 weeks before I find out if The Institute will pick me over the other 2 candidates. On the other hand, after a month, I suddenly received a message from Paperie asking me if I still wanted the position. This is where I'm confused. I'd rather work for The Institute, but I don't wanna turn down Paperie in case The Institute turns me down...

Labels: