pressPLAY
anti-theft tags
After my exhaustive yet happy :D shopping day, I was looking through my clothing purchases and realized that one of the things I bought from Charlotte Russe still had the anti-theft tag pinned on it! I didn't wanna have to drive all the way back to the closest store about 40 minutes away just to get them to take it off for me x_x

So, Internet to the rescue! Saw some really interesting (albeit not really feasible) ways. Someone suggested burning the pin to release it from the tag. Right, with my luck, I'll burn the piece of clothing! x_x Another bright idea (read: sarcasm) was to use extremely strong magnets to detach the pin. Yes, let me pull out that super strong magnet I keep in my purse for emergencies. Ha!

But the winner was an advice I got from Youtube that involved just using 2 pliers to gently bend the tag to release the pin. It was definitely interesting (and a little shocking) to see how easy it is to remove the tag since they're supposed to help stop shoplifting :( If it was easy for me to do, I'm sure it's definitely a cakewalk for perpetual shoplifters or professional ones.

Labels: , ,