pressPLAY
reading through book 4, Summer Knight...
Good ol' Wikipedia describes The Dresden Files as
...a series of fantasy/mystery novels written by Jim Butcher. He provides a first person narrative of each story from the point of view of the main character, private investigator and wizard Harry Dresden, as he recounts investigations into supernatural disturbances in modern-day Chicago.
Got hooked on this book series after watching the episodes on TV. Despite its subsequent cancellation (why Scifi? why?!), I thought I'd continue on. I devoured the Harry Potter series, but I seem to be a slow reader with this one. But, I'm enjoying it so far. I mean, c'mon, vampires, magic, faeries?! Need I say more?!

My only complaint would be just the sheer amount of books in the ongoing series, if the author keeps at it. I like knowing something will end. Adds more of an excitement to it :P Plus, last time I read a long series was The Babysitter's Club (or maybe Nancy Drew).

And, keep the "nipple" or "breast tip" references to a minimum please. I am not a hormonal teenage boy. Thanks!

Also, please make the audio books available to my public library as I wanna hear James Marsters (Spike from Buffy/Angel) narrating the story to me during my commute to and from work :D

Labels: ,