pressPLAY
playing TV catch up
I suddenly got busy and missed a whole bunch of my regular shows. The only one I managed to not miss was Chuck. I'm kinda getting tired of that whole Chuck/Sarah sexual tension bits though >_<

So, I spent some part of Saturday watching my missed episodes online. (Yay for Hulu!)

Ugly Betty // Sugar Daddy
Arguably my current favorite show on TV. I feel like it gets better every season! (And yay for the 4th season pickup!) The faux Iron-Chef-America-slash-Throwdown-with-Bobby-Flay Kitchen Rumble segment was such an over-the-top spoof of those shows, I couldn't not laugh. I'm really liking Betty's new love interest, Matt. I hope he doesn't end up being annoying like Henry (who I liked in the beginning) or needy and egotistic like Jesse.

It's great to see Daniel "growing up" into more of an adult and really taking responsibility, especially now that he's no longer in Alexis' and Bradford's shadows. And the whole "public transportation" bit with Wilhemina and Daniel was a hoot. I've never taken a bus around NY so I'm not really sure how crazy it is. I get around using the subway... like a normal person :P

Burn Notice // Lesser Evil
This was the season finale and it was great! I gotta say I ♥ Michael Shanks on this one. He played the broken and unstable spy, Victor, SO well! My eyes really got misty when he pretty much pleaded for Michael to kill him :( Sometimes, I almost forget that Michael is a spy because he has such strong sense of justice. He's not just your common shady spook that's always portrayed on TV.

And major kudos to Fiona (someone give this lady a bra AND some food to eat!) for shooting Carla. About time! She was really getting on my nerves! The next season should be more exciting, now that nobody's holding back Michael's enemies from getting to him. He's gonna need to a lot more resourceful and play more spy games. Can't wait!

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles // Ourselves Alone
This show has been a lil slow since they moved to Fridays, and I was missing the Cameron/John moments, so yay for this episode (kinda)! Seems Cameron's glitch is back... and this time it makes her "involuntarily" kill a bird. How sad. I'm a lil iffy on this one though: Is the glitch supposed to make her more human, or is it gonna be this big Cameron vs. John thing again? I hope it's the former...

Unfortunately, I'm glad that Riley is dead. (Please be dead...) She didn't really add anything to the show, I thought. She just annoyed viewers and became this wedge between John and his mom, and between John and Cameron (which was THE plan, but she could've been less annoying). Also, is it just me or is this show kinda feeling more soap opera-ish?

Dollhouse // Gray Hour
Blue skies! I think "Taffy" is my favorite Echo imprint so far. I just really like quirky way she talked. Fun times. This Alpha is quite the genius. I can't wait to meet him and I really hope that it's Alan Tudyk! I hope FOX doesn't have Joss on a short leash because I am ready for some more Whedon-verse crafty-ness!

Oh, and how about imprinting Victor as someone else? His whole Russian Anton thing is kinda getting old...

Labels: , , , , ,