pressPLAY
a funeral and the bee
So I found out that my friend's mom passed away on Friday. There is a viewing set for today and tomorrow, which I will not be going to. I don't think I can handle viewing a body... However, I am definitely taking off work on Wednesday to go to the funeral, which will be my first funeral in memory. I've probably been to one when I was really young, but I just don't remember.

Needless to say, I was looking up funeral etiquette on Google to see if there were certain faux pas that I should be staying away from especially since this event is so important. The last thing I would want to do is cause more anguish to my friend and her family.

On a lighter note, I saw Akeelah and the Bee this weekend and LOVED it! It is such a feel good story about, of all things, a girl trying to make it to the national spelling bee. I definitely recommend it. I know I tried to get every single member of my family to watch it ^_^

Labels: , , ,